In the interest of safeguarding the health of our students and faculty/staff members by limiting the potential of spreading COVID-19 within our community, the
2020 Student Project Showcase is postponed to Fall 2020.
This annual event features a variety of exciting student projects, highlighting our faculty's commitment to providing SF State students with hands-on experience in the discovery of new knowledge. Join us to see an array of projects in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geosciences, Geography, Math, Physics, and Psychology.
2020 Student Project Showcase
2:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Donate or sponsor the event to support our students. Your gift will go towards helping students fund their poster presentations and cash awards for outstanding research. Flyer about how to support this annual event.
- Participants must major in one of the disciplines in the College of Science & Engineering in the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019.
- Projects must be related to one of the fields in the College of Science & Engineering.
- Projects entered in a previous year may not be in the competition (they can be entered as 'display only' projects).
- Participants must complete and submit electronically the Student Project Showcase Registration Form. Registrations will be accepted until the maximum of 200 projects has been reached or by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, April 20, 2020.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to set up their stations on Thursday, April 30th, from 3pm - 6pm and Friday, May 1st, from 8am - 10am. Once set up is done, they may take a break and come back by 1 pm to check in and get ready for the competition.
- Participants must be available from 2 pm - 5 pm on May 3rd to present their projects.
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Student Project Showcase
Meet future scientists, psychologists, engineers, mathematicians, and computer programmers
5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Alumni & Friends Reception
Enjoy delicious hors d'oeuvres and networking
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Expository Talk
6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony
Please fill out this form if you'd like to volunteer to be one of the judges for the competition.
For more information on the event, contact Lannie Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org