This annual event features a variety of exciting student projects, highlighting our faculty's commitment to providing SF State students with hands-on experience in the discovery of new knowledge. Join us to see an array of projects in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geosciences, Geography, Math, Physics, and Psychology.
21st Annual Student Project Showcase
May 3, 2019
2:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Donate or sponsor the event to support our students. Your gift will go towards helping students fund their poster presentations and cash awards for outstanding research. Flyer about how to support this annual event.
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Student Project Showcase
Meet future scientists, psychologists, engineers, mathematicians, and computer programmers
5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Alumni & Friends Reception
Enjoy delicious hors d'oeuvres and networking
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Expository Talk
Dr. Zhaoshuo Jiang, Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, and Dr. Hao Yue, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Topic: "Toward a Smart and Connected Home for Elders"
6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony
Please fill out this form if you'd like to volunteer to be one of the judges for the competition.
- Participants must major in one of the disciplines in the College of Science & Engineering in the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019.
- Projects must be related to one of the fields in the College of Science & Engineering.
- Projects entered in a previous year may not be in the competition (they can be entered as 'display only' projects).
- Participants must complete and submit electronically the 2019 Student Project Showcase Registration Form. Registrations will be accepted until the maximum of 200 projects has been reached or by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to set up their stations starting at 10 am on May 3rd. Once set up is done, they may take a break and come back by 1 pm to check in and get ready for the competition.
- Participants must be available from 2 pm - 5 pm on May 3rd to present their projects.
Registration will be accepted until the maximum of 200 projects has been reached or by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
Register here for 21st Annual Student Project Showcase
E-mail #1: List of Registration as of 4/17 10:00 am
"How to Make a Great Poster Presentation"
Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., HH 543
Friday, April 12, 2019, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., SCI 256
On-campus Ctrl+P Digital Print Shop is the recommended printing company for this year's Showcase.
First 60 projects to submit their poster printing to Ctrl+P will receive FREE printing of 1 poster up to $60 (courtesy of COSE). You must carefully follow the directions on how to order your poster printing on Ctrl+P Digital Print Shop Flyer.
Do not call/email Lannie or go to the printing shop to ask if there is still free printing slots. Just follow the directions on the flyer and Lannie will approve/disapprove your request.
AS OF 12PM, MAY 2ND, THERE ARE 3 ON WAITLIST TO PRINT FOR FREE. THERE'S NO MORE FREE PRINTING. I STILL RECOMMEND TO PRINT WITH CTRL+P BECAUSE I HAVE BARGAINED GOOD PRICES AND THEY'RE ON CAMPUS.
For more information on the event, contact Lannie Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org