- D. Quintero (Engineering): “Development of an integrated upper-limb rehabilitation system for in-home treatment for stroke patients”
- N. Adelstein and M. Kuhn (Chemistry): “Merging bi data with machine learning to investigate bacterial protein acetylation”
- L. Burrus (Biology), in collaboration with V. Pastore (IBM Research): “Dev. and validation of Filodefect, a computational tool for Filopodia qiantitation”
- A. Aljarah (Computer Science), F. Tehranipoor (Engineering): “Proposing a novel secure framework for mobile applications”
- Z. Jiang (Engineering), H. Yue (Computer Science): “Gait parameter estimation through combining floor vibration and wireless motion detection”
- I.Yoon (Computer Science), J. Ramirez (Biology): “Seamless integration of DeepLearning (Machine leaning) prediction for monitoring cellular differentiation of muscle cells in Xenopus laevis”
- P. Fazli (Computer Science): “Learning to navigate like humans”
Award funding was provided by CCLS and contributions from Department Chairs of Computer Science, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Electrical Engineering, and Interim Dean Domingo, College of Science & Engineering.