Friday, May 4, 2018
2 pm - 6:30 pm
Student Life Event Center (Annex I)
- Participants must major in one of the disciplines in the College of Science & Engineering in the Fall '17 or Spring '18.
- Projects must be related to one of the fields in the College of Science & Engineering.
- Projects entered in a previous year may not be in the competition (they can be entered as 'display only' projects).
- Participants must complete and submit electronically the 2018 Student Project Showcase Registration Form. Registrations will be accepted until the maximum of 200 projects has been reached or by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to set up their stations starting at 10 am on May 4th. Once set up is done, they may take a break and come back by 1 pm to check in and get ready for the competition.
- Participants must be available from 2 pm - 5 pm on May 4th to present their projects.
Registration will be accepted until the maximum of 200 projects has been reached or by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, April 25, 2018.
Register here for 20th Annual Student Project Showcase
"How to Make a Great Poster Presentation" Workshops will be held on:
Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 12 - 1 pm, SCI 256
Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 12:30 - 1:30 pm, SCI 256
How to Make a Great Poster PDF Presentation
OfficeMax Impress is the recommended printing company for this year's Showcase.
First 60 projects to submit their poster printing to OfficeMax will receive FREE printing of 1 poster up to $60 (courtesy of COSE). You must carefully follow the directions on how to order your poster printing on OfficeMax Impress Printing flyer. Do not call or send email to ask Lannie if there is still Free printing slots. Just follow the directions on the flyer and Lannie will approve/disapprove your request.
Attention COSE Showcase Students!
Due to high order volume OfficeMax cannot guarantee production of any posters received after today, May 2nd, 2018 at 8 am.
From this point on, orders are on a case by case basis and first come first serve. If you submitted your poster already, you need to wait for OfficeMax to respond to you. They cannot give you a time estimate if you call the store to check on your order.
2 pm - Student Project Showcase Begins
Meet future scientists, psychologists, engineers, mathematicians, and computer programmers.
5 pm - Alumni & Friends Reception
Enjoy delicious hors d'oeuvres while mingling with your friends, fellow competitors, faculty, and staff.
5:30 pm - Welcome from Dr. Carmen Domingo, Interim Dean, College of Science & Engineering
5:35 pm - Expository Talk by Dr. Pleuni Pennings and Dr. Misty Kuhn
What Makes an Enzyme Involved in Antibiotic Resistance Tick
6 pm - Awards Ceremony: Entrepreneurship Program Awards and Student Project Showcase Awards
2018 Student Project Showcase Photos
For more information on the event, contact Lannie Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.