Bridges to the Future: Celebrating 26 Years of Increasing Diversity in STEM
Event date: Thursday, September 26, 2018
Event time: 6:00 pm
Any individual who has been a part of the San Francisco State University Student Enrichment Opportunities (SEO) Office is invited. Contact Dr. Frank Bayliss (who is retiring June 2019) with any questions and for invitation: email@example.com
Started 26 years ago by Dr. Bayliss, the SEO Office works with an outstanding group of faculty mentors and has served over 1,096 students with grant funded scholarship support. SEO stands out as one of the most highly recognized programs in the nation that builds student diversity and career pathways in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
DID YOU KNOW? The NIH funded Bridge to the Doctorate program at SF State was the FIRST bridge program in the country! For a complete list of all SEO programs, please see the list included below.
At the September 26th celebration, alumni from all SEO programs, current students, faculty mentors, donors and decision makers in STEM will join together to celebrate and discuss how the program started and how we plan to expand and build upon its success into the future. A short film about the SEO program, a yearbook of alumni, drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be shared.
SEO Office Committee Members and Faculty: Dr. Frank Bayliss, Dean Carmen Domingo, Dr. Teaster Baird, Dr. Laura Burrus, Dr. Raymond Esquerra, Dr. Megumi Fuse and SEO alum Dr. Jacinto Villanueva
SEO programs include:
- Beckman Scholars Program
- California Institute of Regenerative Medicine (CIRM)
- Department of Defense Scholars (DOD)
- Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN)
- Genentech Foundation Dissertation Scholarship
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- Maximizing Access to Research Careers (MARC)
- Minority Biomedical Research Support (MBRS)
- NIH Post-Baccalaureate Research Program (PREP)
- NIH Bridges to the Baccalaureate (CCSF/SFSU Bridge)
- NSF STC Center for Cellular Construction
- Promoting Inclusivity in Computing (PINC)
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE)
- Support of Competitive Research (SCORE)